Well, it’s never a dull moment here! Here’s what we’re up to today (well, five of the things)….
- Victoria showed up at a nearby farm at 5 a.m. for her first day of field work. She’s hoping to save up for a Nexus. I figure this should count for PE for a while too.
- Anna is at the hospital getting fitted for an “event monitor” for her heart. She’s been having chest pains and the doctor suggested wearing it for a short time just to see what it shows. We’re fairly sure she’s fine, but it will be interesting to be able to track what her heart is doing and I’ve learned that it’s never a bad thing to be thorough about medical issues with my kids.
- We’re processing bushels and bushels of apples. A wonderful homeschooling friend let us come and pick some of their plentiful apples the other day, and we really loaded up. This time of year is great for finding organic apples since so many people don’t spray their trees and they often have more than they can use. We’re making applesauce, Dutch apple pies, faux cider (I use the peels and cores, simmer them in water until the water is really infused with the apple flavor, strain and add sugar and a dash of cinnamon), and so on.
- There’s a whole lot of canning going on. I have a new pressure canner and have been canning applesauce like crazy. Next is pickles and apple pie filling, and soon will be salsa. This is my favorite salsa recipe of all time to use with fresh tomatoes (it’s the type you get in authentic Mexican restaurants instead of the vinegar-based jarred kind and it takes about 30 seconds!) and I want to make a ton to put up for later.
- To be announced! I’m not sure what we’ll do for number five so I’ll report back tomorrow.
- Free curricula in every subject for your preschooler… (It’s not what you think!)
- The 10 best houseplants for purifying indoor air
- Easy triple chocolate zucchini mini donuts (gluten free, dairy free, soy free…)
- TypingWeb offers free trackable typing program for homeschoolers
- Study finds that every month of breastfeeding leads to higher I.Q.