Things are going much better this week (month) than last! Everything is feeling more hopeful and good things are beginning to do their best to outweigh the bad.
Here’s a few of the things we’ve been up to this week…
- Jack and Anna each started a month-long horse camp that meets a couple of hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Jack goes in the morning and Anna goes after lunch. They really love it so far.
- We explored a secluded park with a 100+ year old abandoned stone house and wonderful trails.
- Jack, Anna and Victoria are all devouring books from the library like crazy.
- Fiona is happily saying lots of da-da-da-da and flapping and trying to scoot/crawl.
- We finally got some herbs and veggies and have started our garden at last. Of course, the morning after I planted my beautiful new herb garden by the back door, the city came and dug it all up and put it in a pile by the driveway, but that’s another story! And Daryl lovingly got down in the dirt and rescued all those baby plants and helped me do it all over again.
- The oldest 3 kids and I watched Super 8. It was great fun! It’s a little scary at times but it was a really good movie.
- Anna is doing a lot of Spanish on her iPod.
- Victoria has been researching all sorts of subjects. She teaches me more than I teach her these days.
- Alex and I have been doing speech practice together to work on some of his letter sounds. We’re also doing phonics and alphabet fun, plus he loves doing addition to pass the time.
- We all went to the art museum at the Washington Pavilion in Sioux Falls and the kids played in the art room.
- Alex, Fiona and I went to the science museum in Sioux Falls.
- Daryl, Anna and Jack taught old fashioned music and games at the Hubbard House in Mankato.
- Victoria is still doing a ton of art.
- Victoria, Anna and Jack are still doing oodles of photography.
- The middle three kids are spending lots of time outside with water play — water balloons, water guns, the kiddie pool…
- And so on and so forth!
Here’s a collage of pictures since I’m too lazy to blog them all (and there’s a happy baby flapping in my arms as I type!).