I’m so behind in posting here! Life has been busy, but in a good way.
Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to lately. There’s too much to narrow it down to ten!
- Anna joined Daryl in taking part in Script Frenzy and wrote a screenplay. She’s also writing a story.
- Jack has been designing and constructing more and more elaborate LEGO structures, vehicles and inventions.
- Alex has been playing phonics and reading games, such as sticking labels on things around the house (door, stove, sister…).
- Victoria has been taking archery class.
- Fiona is happily rolling over, babbling, sitting on her own and trying to put absolutely everything in her mouth. She’s still a super happy baby and such a joy to all of us.
- Jack has been doing a math program with me so I can review it for my Examiner column.
- Victoria has been doing math with an 18 year-old college kid online (for fun!).
- Daryl, Victoria, Anna and Jack auditioned for the Wilder Pageant for another season.
- Victoria, Jack and Anna have been doing photography.
- We had a butterfly emerge from a chrysalis that Jack found outside last year! We’ve kept it safe in a jar on a shelf in the living room all this time, because we knew that some take a very long time. Anna noticed it (a painted lady) flying around the dining room window yesterday morning so Victoria carefully got it to climb onto her finger and she released it outside. How’s that for magical — having butterflies appearing in your dining room out of the blue?!
- We’re going on lots of walks, hikes, picnics and excursions outside with Layla.
- We went to the wonderful UU church in Hanska and afterwards made the trek to nearby New Ulm, where we had the most fabulous German food and played at the park.
- We went to the Mall of America as our reward for doing 100 brave things as a family in “Do Something Brave Month.” It was a fabulous time!
Here’s a few pics of the fun…
There is a ton of cool stuff planned for the next couple of weeks so we should be busy — but again, in a very good way.