5 Random confessions for the week…
- I realized a few minutes ago that I tune my kids out too much. I was cutting up watermelon for the kids in the play and Jack was doing a craft at the kitchen table. I was going “uh huh… yeah…” and realized that I was paying no attention at all. I stopped and listened and he was telling me that he was making a playground out of his construction paper strips. He went on to say that France has the fewest playgrounds in the world, while the beaches of Africa have the most at 153,000, which is a record he beat last week. He is such a funny little boy! He jabbers on in this tour director voice and comes up with such official sounding BS! I don’t want to zone out and miss this darling stage.
- I can’t remember the last time the girls had baths. It’s sort of bath roulette around here when things get hectic, with no system whatsoever. Thank goodness they swim so often. I probably shouldn’t write that, huh?
- Jack does have a bath nearly every night and the boy still looks like you dipped him in cooking oil and rolled him in dirt.
- I’m so behind in laundry that Daryl snuck a pack of underwear into the cart when we went shopping yesterday.
- Lunch today was free popcorn and Dairy Queen Dilly bars. Blame Daddy. I would have made them eat organic fruit and whole wheat sunbutter sandwiches (which they actually like until someone starts waving popcorn and Dilly bars at them).
It’s less than an hour till show time! I caught the end of the play during the dress rehearsal and it’s so cute! Life is good. Dirt, Dilly bars and all.